Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome.  You've probably found your way here through my Etsy store, The Purple Room, and I'm glad you did!  So you have an idea of what you'll find, here's my manifesto of sorts.

I want Room In Purple to serve as The Purple Room's twin, or maybe the reflection it would see if it could look into a mirror.  As my Etsy store is the new home of all of my creations, this blog is going to be the home of my thoughts along the way.  Also like my Etsy store, you'll probably find a lot of variety here.  One of my greatest assets, as well as faults, is that I can never seem to specialize in one or two areas.

Most of the sources I've read about being successful on Etsy discuss how it's important to find your niche and stick with it.  I have thought about doing this.  I could pick one artistic outlet that I am more prolific with and dedicate The Purple Room to that alone.  But I really think that decision would be cutting myself short.  I would love to be successful at sharing my passion with other Etsy lovers, but I want to make sure that I am sharing my whole passion, not just one facet of it.  I want my niche to be an artistic point of view, not a specific manifestation of it.

Now I am going to apply that same principle to my store's twin, Room In Purple.  Here you will read about my various projects, what I am finishing, what I am starting, and which ideas have plans in the works.  You may also read about my thoughts for the day, or a new recipe that I came up with for dinner.  Sometimes you might come across a lovely helping of internet soup.  Only time will tell!  So please stop by again and enjoy your time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment